Simple Blog Installation!
- Just upload the product to your server, unzip it and by going to you domain access your website and you're ready to go.
- Type in a password and press Install!
- That's all to it!!!
- When you are editing a page, use your password and make sure to save your page.
What is Simple Blog?
It's a simple blogging software that has everything you need for a blog and you can run on any domain.
What are the requirements?
You need PHP and Apache with mod_rewrite for it to work.
Who is Simple Blog for?
For people that want to get started blogging fast, or experiment with a lot of blogs. You can create a new blog in under 60 seconds. You can create 10 new blogs in under 10 minutes.
Do I have to know how to code to use Simple Blog?
What are some alternatives to Simple Blog?
Wordpress, Tumblr, Posterous, Blogger, Blogspot, Typepad and Movable Type, to name a few.
What are the benefits?
- Easy. Even your mom can use it (mine does)!
- Productive. Simple software forces you to focus on what's important in blogging: content.
- Reliable. Has held up without a hiccup on some high traffic sites.
- Painless. No complicated database. Only one file.
What are the features of Simple Blog?
- No login needed. Just use your password each time you edit a page. Counter-intuitive, but pretty fun.
- Create multiple blogs fast. Just make one folder per blog.
- Drop markdown.php into your blog folder to easily add markdown support.
- Stores all data in one text file (hernyodata.php). No database needed.
- Easy to write, edit, and delete posts. Easy to change CSS, footer, header, etc.
- Just a few hundred lines of code. Easy to extend and modify.
- Simple, clean layout. Easy to change CSS.
- Easily change the layout or add analytics, etc.
- Works great under loads (so far).
- Easy 1 file install.
- No clutter! No comments, etc., (but you can add them easily using disqus or intense debate)
- Easy to add real time stats.
What makes Simple Blog different from other blogging software?
Simple Blog is fast, simple and it's one file without database. It is less thSimple 600 lines of code. This one file includes not only the app itself, but a one click installer and admin.