What is Hernyo Blog?
Hernyo Blog is simple blogging software written in PHP that you can run on your own domain.
How do I install it?
1. Upload it to the server/directory, where you want your blog to be.
2. If directory, make it writeable.
3. Call location in browser yourdomain.com. Done!
What makes Hernyo Blog different from other blogging software?
Hernyo Blog is fast, simple and it's one file without database. It is less than 600 lines of code. This one file includes not only the app itself, but a one click installer and admin.
Who is it for?
For people that want to get started blogging fast, or experiment with a lot of blogs. You can create a new blog in under 60 seconds. You can create 10 new blogs in under 10 minutes.
What are some alternatives to Hernyo Blog?
Wordpress, Tumblr, Posterous, Blogger, Blogspot, Typepad and Movable Type, to name a few.
Do I have to know how to code to use Hernyo Blog?
What are the requirements?
You need PHP and Apache with mod_rewrite for it to work.
- Easy. Even your mom can use it (mine does)!
- Productive. Simple software forces you to focus on what's important in blogging: content.
- Reliable. Has held up without a hiccup on some high traffic sites.
- Painless. No complicated database. Only one file.
- No login needed. Just use your password each time you edit a page. Counter-intuitive, but pretty fun.
- Create multiple blogs fast. Just make one folder per blog.
- Drop markdown.php into your blog folder to easily add markdown support.
- Stores all data in one text file (hernyodata.php). No database needed.
- Easy to write, edit, and delete posts. Easy to change CSS, footer, header, etc.
- Just a few hundred lines of code. Easy to extend and modify.
- Simple, clean layout. Easy to change CSS.
- Easily change the layout or add analytics, etc.
- Works great under loads (so far).
- Easy 1 file install.
- No clutter! No comments, etc., (but you can add them easily using disqus or intense debate)
- Easy to add real time stats.